The Schlage Programmable Electronic Deadbolt (SPED) locks contain a table of access credentials, one for each key that is allowed access to the lock. Prior systems had to program the lock's table directly by touring with Schlage's HHD device to program new or replacement keys on the lock. With the No-Tour (blue) keys, the key itself can program the door to add itself or replace another key in the lock's table. In order for the No-Tour feature to work, the following must be true:
- Lock's firmware must be v1.28 or greater.
- Lock's programming credential (Red Key) must match the Red Key serial number stored in StratIS.
- Lock must have been programmed with its name and Point ID by uploading the door file.
- The state of the table on the lock must match the state stored in the StratIS database. (Will be true if door was programmed from StratIS using a current door file and if all previous No-Tour keys successfully programmed into the door).
- Time on the lock must be correct. (Set Door Time from StratIS Door Operations).
- If Blue Key was written with a schedule, then the current time must be within the allowed schedule.