There are many different types of groups & units each with unique traits:
- Amenity - This type of unit or group gives appropriate residents access based on a schedule specific to the amenity. Staff keys can include these doors in there access list and are accessed by the schedule defined for the key.
- Common - This type of unit or group automatically gives appropriate residents 24/7 access. Staff keys can include these doors in there access list and are accessed by the schedule defined for the key.
- Suites - Suite groups contain multiple units allowing all resident in those units to have access to the suite units. Suite units contain the doors that all residential units within the suite can access.
- Staff - This type of unit or group houses areas that do not house residents. Only staff keys can be given access to these doors.
- Resident - This type of unit houses residents. Residents in this unit are automatically given access to common doors by the placement of the unit. Resients are also given the option of being given access to amenities available to that unit.
Appropriate residents are defined by where the common group or unit is placed. If it is at the property level all residents have access, if at the level of a building group than all in the building, if at the level of a floor group then all in that floor.